Sunday, December 15, 2013

OneRadiant November Box Review

Well, since I've already received my December OneRadiant box, I guess it's time to review my November box! I wasn't really slacking on it, I promise-I wanted to try all of the products for a fair amount of time before reviewing.
This was my first box out of my 3 month subscription to OneRadiant.  OneRadiant is a skin care only box.  I purchased a 3 month subscription for $36, as I am still on the hunt for the perfect anti-aging moisturizer and dark circle removing eye cream.

Even though this seems to be a much less well known subscription service, I was very pleased with the professional presentation of my box.  The enclosed card did a nice job explaining the use of each product, and the sample sizes were generous-perfect for trying things out for a few weeks to get a real idea of how well they work.  Everything was packaged neatly and safely.

Here is what I received, and my thoughts on each.

CellCeuticals Extreme Defense Anti-Cell Damage Skin Treatment-This is a day treatment that contains vitamins C and E and green tea.  The first thing I noticed about this product was the odd scent.  It reminds me of a hardware store, like Lowe's.  It's kind of a lumber and glue scent.  I used this daily for a couple of weeks until it started to give me white heads, so I had to stop using it.  I have this problem with many moisturizers, which is why I love this type of sample service-I can try it out before I waste money on a full size.

Clearogen Acne Lotion-I found that this product actually caused me to breakout more, so I only used it a few times.

DoshaCare Sakala Firming Eye Gel-I like how quickly this gel sinks into the skin.  I can apply makeup afterwards without feeling like I'm applying it to greasy skin.  I've been using it for about a month, and while I haven't seen any dramatic results, I haven't had any problems with it, either.

pH Advantage AM Facial Multi Complex SPF 20- I received 4 cardboard pouches of this product in a nice little, reusable mesh bag.  Each pouch contains a generous amount of cream.  I've been able to get at least 4 uses from each pouch.  This product also has a weird scent, kind of a fake, chemically citrus smell.  It's not terribly pleasant, but it doesn't linger, so I don't mind.  I've used the product for about 2 weeks, and I haven't had any noticeable effects, good or bad.

derma e Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser-I received 2 small foil packets of this, but I have not tried them yet, as I've been working through similar products received in other subscription boxes.

So, all in all, I'm pleased with this sample.  It's nice to be able to sample skin care products before purchasing, as they tend to be quite expensive.  I've wasted more money than I care to admit on skin care products that broke me out or didn't work.  I'm hoping to discover my "Holy Grail" skin care products!

Disclaimer: I purchased this subscription with my own money, and all thoughts are my own.  Clicking on any links in this post and then subscribing to OneRadiant, earns 50 reward points, or a $5 value for me through OneRadiant.


0 comments:

Post a Comment