Monday, December 23, 2013

December's Ipsy Glam Bag

    This was another lackluster month for Ipsy, as far as I was concerned, and I think many feel the same way.  I'm not terribly disappointed in it this month, as I will get use out of some of the items in my bag, but I'm not excited, either.  First of all, I and many others are getting tired of finding repeat brands in our Ipsy bags month after month, especially the brands that seem to be unknown outside of subscription boxes, like J. Cat and Be a Bombshell.  As long as the products are useful, I still feel like I'm getting my ten dollars worth, but it would be nice to sample some other brands.

     Here's what I received this month:


First of all, I don't know how I left the cute makeup bag out of the picture! It was a really nice one this month, with it's shiny, patent-leather like, diamond quilted pattern with red lining.  I really need to find a good use for it.

Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio-Boy, that's a ridiculously long name for an eye shadow palette! Pop is another repeat brand for Ipsy, but at least it is a more well known brand.  I received a Pop Beauty Crayon in Fushia Flirt in my first Ipsy bag in July.  The trio I received is in various shades of gray.  They all have shimmer to them, more shimmer than I typically like to wear, but they are nice and festive for the holidays, I suppose.  The colors aren't terribly pigmented, which is ok by me for these particular shades.  the longevity of wear seemed to be average, based on the one time I wore them.  The product size was really nice.

J. Cat Beauty The Big Lip Pencil in Red Rose-Aside from the frustration with repeat, never-heard-of-outside-subscriptions brands, another frequent complaint with Ipsy, is that they send out too many red lip products.  I have to agree.  I feel like I get a red lip product just about every month! I don't wear a lot of red.  This particular red, a bright, tomato red, actually looks decent on me, but since I don't usually wear red, I felt a little self conscious the one time I wore this.  It was kind of like my lips were the most noticeable thing about me.  I suppose that's my problem, though, not Ipsy's. ;-) I ended up toning it down with a brown eye crayon pencil, which actually looked kind of nice.

Be a Bombshell One Stick in Sunset-Yep, another Be a Bombshell product.  They must be giving every subscription service tons of their products and begging them to distribute them.  I don't really mind this brand, but how about something new for a change, Ipsy? Anyhow, this product is meant to be used as a lipstick, a blush and and eye product.  I received Sunset, the color that I was hoping for, actually.  it is a corally-orange color that looks nice on my lips.  I haven't tried it on my cheeks yet, but may try it in the spring.  I can't imagine putting this on my eyes....  It feels decent on my lips, not really creamy, but....well, the texture is hard to describe.  It's not drying, or unpleasant, though, and doesn't smell as bad as some of their other products.

Salon Perfect Perfectly Natural Eye Lashes-I've lucked out in the fact that this is the first and only set of eyelashes that I've received from a subscription, as this is one product that I will not use at all.  I'm totally happy with my own eyelashes, so these are going up for trade.

Mirabella Eye Blender Brush-Apparently, this is an expensive brush to go out and buy, and a lot of people love it.  I just don't get a great deal of use out of makeup brushes, so I'm not super enthused.  I'll use it eventually, I suppose.

So, there you have it! Overall, not too bad, I'll get enough use out of the products to justify my subscription this month.

Disclaimer-this subscription has been purchased with my own money, and all opinions are my own.  Clicking on links in this post, and then subscribing, earns Ipsy Points for me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment