Saturday, December 28, 2013

Lip Factory-My New Favorite Subscription!

     Ok, so after my disappointing December Wantable and Birchboxes, a not terribly exciting, first Sample Society box (I'll review that one next), and yet another "meh" Ipsy Glam Bag, I was so excited when I opened up my very first Lip Factory box! I love makeup, particularly lip products, so I think this subscription and I are going to get along just fine!
     For $22 a month, Lip Factory will send out a box of 5-7 makeup products.  Despite the name, not all of the products they send are lip products, but lips are definitely the focus.  This is right up my alley, as I'm more willing to experiment with lip products, and find that out of all the products I receive from my sub boxes, the lip products are the ones I reach for the most.  When you sign up, you fill out a little questionaire about your skin tone, current foundation brand and color, eye color and preferences.  One question asked me if I like bold colors or nudes.  Well, I hate nude lipstick, but I'm not a fan of really bold eye shadow or bright blushes.  There was no middle ground type answer, so I selected "bold colors", hoping to avoid concealer-colored lipsticks and lip glosees.
     Without further adieu (adoo?, ado?, how do you spell that?), here's what I received in my December Lip Factory box.
J. Cat Fab Five Eye Shadow Palette in Greatest Flash-This is apparently where the "I like bold colors" selection I mentioned above comes into play, as this palette contains some pretty bold shades, as far as I'm concerned.  Lime green, lemon yellow, electric blue, bright pink, bright lavender.  These aren't my style at all, but that's ok, because I'm trading with someone who received a nude palette!

Boho Balm Lip and Cheek Stain in Pink Rouge-This pretty little tin contains two shades of lip/cheek stain, as you can see in the picture.  I've mostly just used this on my lips, but it has a pleasant, subtle smell and taste, and feels nice and creamy on the lips.  It doesn't last long, but seems to be pretty moisturizing.

Essence Clear Brow and Lash Gel-This is a great product to receive in a sub box, one I gad been hoping to receive.  Too bad that I finally broke down and bought some Anastasia Brow Gel on my own, but this will get used, also.

NCLA Nail Polish in Emerald Dream-This is a glitter polish with emerald green, purple and black glitter.  It came in a nice, big bottle, and is 5 free.  I don't like glitter polishes, so I'm hoping to trade this for something different.

Model Co Lipstick in Luella-This is where that "bold colors" thing is paying off for me! Luella is a nice, dark berry color, and I really like it.  I've received other Model Co lipsticks in other subs, but they've been lighted colors, more like the color my lips are already, so it was nice to get one with some more color to it! This lipstick, while not super long wearing, is nice and creamy and moisturizing, and it comes with a mirror built into the side of the packaging.

Cell Ceuticals Pumpkin Enzyme Cleanse sample-I haven't tried this yet, as I'm swamped with similar samples to try out.  I don't mind receiving skin care samples in a make up box, as long as they don't skimp on the actual products, like Wantable did this moth, when they sent me a tiny, hotel-sized soap, and fewer makeup products.  I will certainly try this eventually!

Here's the product that gave me the biggest surprise:

Michael Marcus Moisturizing Lip Balm-Ok, if you've read any of my other blog posts, then you know how I feel about Michael Marcus products.  They turn up in all subscription boxes, and are usually crap.  Not this! This is a clear lip balm that tastes and smells like peppermint, but doesn't burn my lips.  I've worn it over, under, and without other lip products, and I love it!  Adds a little shine and moisture, and makes my breath smell nice. I may not have the product name exactly right, as I threw away the box, and there are no labels on the product itself.

So, 6 full sized products, all makeup, for $22.  This really blows Wantable out of the water! Wantable sends 4-5 supposedly full sized makeup products for $36 a month.  If I compare my December boxes from both companies, Lip Factory is so much more impressive!  I'm hoping that this isn't just an extra good box, and that they are all like this.

If you would like to subscribe to Lip Factory, I would appreciate it if you used my referral number, as I can receive $5 worth of products from Lip Factory anytime someone uses my referral.  When you sign up, you receive the same benefits. (I will update soon with my referral code-I cannot locate it on the website, so I've contacted Lip Factory.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment