Thursday, December 26, 2013

Wantable December-Where I Complain and Whine

    I have to say that I've been putting off writing my review of my December Wantable box, because much like with my December Birchbox, I feel somehow slighted.  I'm disappointed not only with the products I received, but, also like Birchbox, I am disappointed with the sizes of the products I received.  However, unlike Birchbox, which is a $10 a month sample size subscription, Wantable is a $36 a month full sized product subscription. I can shrug up my $10 Birchbox disappointment much easier than a $36 disappointment.  I'm also sort of disappointed that I'm disappointed, if that makes sense.  I really want to like Wantable! It's one of the few all makeup subscriptions, and one of the few which offers full sized products, in what are supposed to be only nice/luxury type brands.  I was quite pleased with my November box, after some profile tweaking due to some unflattering colors I received in previous boxes.  But this one? Not so much.
     Here's what I received. (Kind of sad that I have to look at the picture to jog my memory of what I got, since I don't actually use any of this stuff.)
Manna Kadar Sheer Glo Full Sized-I received a sample size of this in my Birchbox this month, so Manna Kadar must really be on a mission to unload sell some shimmer lotion! I tried my Birchbox sample, and couldn't even tell that I was wearing it, so I decided not to even open this full sized bottle.  I'm hoping I can trade it.  In my first Wantable box, I received some Manna Kadar eye primer, which I was not impressed with either.  I found it to be too greasy to be used as a primer.  I suppose I'm just not a fan of this brand.

Pomegranet Nail Polish in Penny Wisher-This shade immediately reminded me of my mother, as she's been wearing shades similar to this since the 80's.  She's now the owner of a new nail polish. This rose gold color is right in fashion, I can't really fault Wantable here, but it has spurred me to do some more profile tweaking.

Michael Marcus Lipstick in Debbie-ugh.  If you've read any of my other blog posts, then you probably know how I feel about Michael Marcus.  This seems to be a "filler" brand that subscription companies use, as no one seems to have heard of this brand outside of subscriptions, and the quality is total crap.  I've received a couple of Michael Marcus eyeliner pencils that do not even write on my eyelids at all, and a few other things. (Although, I did receive a cool Michael Marcus item in my Lip Factory box-stay tuned to find out about that.)  Anyhow, this shade is a bright tomato red-similar to the shade of the lip pencil I received in my Ipsy bag this month, so I don't need anymore bright reds.  I'm hoping to trade this item, too, but I doubt anyone will want it!

Japonesque Make Up Brush-Ok, some people think makeup brushes are great, and have been thrilled with the Japonesque products they've received.  I guess that may mean that I'm too picky, because I am completely unenthused by this brush.  First of all, it's travel sized.  To me, that doesn't equate to "full sized". Wantable is supposed to be all full sized items.  I mostly use my fingers to apply shadow (I know, I know-it gets the shadows oily, etc.), and the little spongy applicator thingies, because I feel like I get more control that way, and brushes seem to pick up too much product.  I always feel like I'm wasting precious product when I see how much I am lifting off with the brush.  More profile tweaking necessary to eliminate "tools".

Lanoun Agg-Tval Eggwhite Soap-This is a sample size, but I'm told it's an "extra", so sample size is ok. This product kind of annoys me, because this is a makeup only subscription box, and this is soap.  I really don't need a tiny little bar of soap! We have hard water, and I have sensitive skin, so I don't use actual soap products, anyhow.  Since it's a sample, I normally wouldn't mind, but since I don't like anything else in the box, this is just more disappointment.

Wah, wah, wah.  I feel like Debbie Downer.  I want to like it, I really do! But, I kind of hate all of it. Wantable has a great return policy-if you don't like your box, you can return it.  I was going to return this month, but my husband threw away half of the protective packaging material, and I just didn't feel like trying to get it all packed up safely again, and dealing with the post office.  This was a big waste of money, though, as I've used nothing from this box yet, and the only thing I might use is the brush.  Mom was happy with her nail polish, but I could have bought her a bottle of pretty polish for a lot less than $36.

Wantable recently decreased the amount of products they are sending and their box values.  I really noticed the change in product quality and quantity this month.  I've tweaked my profile again, so hopefully next month will be better, but if not, I may cancel and try something else.

Wantable, I really, really want to like you!

Disclaimer-I paid for this with my own money, and all opinions are my own.  By clicking on any links in this post, and then signing up, I would receive a discount on a future Wantable box.

0 comments:

Post a Comment