Saturday, November 16, 2013

Wantable November

Wantable is a monthly beauty subscription service.  You can also choose to receive monthly boxes of accessories or intimates (aka underwear).  For $36 a month, you receive 4-5 full sized makeup products.  If you don't like the products you receive, you can send the whole box back for a refund. You can also choose to skip boxes, which is a nice option if you need to save some money, or don't think you'll like the products that month.  When you join Wantable, you take a beauty profile quiz to set your preferences.  If you state that you dislike a product, Wantable guarantees that you won't receive it.  I don't know of any other services that actually promise not to send you something you don't want, so I love this feature.

I think that this is my third box with Wantable, and after tinkering with my profile last month, after receiving some colors that were really unsuited to me, I am happy.


First up, is The Great Face Contouring Kit from Stockholm.  It contains four shades of concealers/contourers.  I was very impressed with the size of this-it's as big around as a Cover Girl powder compact, and the pans of product are really deep.  This will last me a long time.  The concealing shades are terribly impressive at coverage, but are ok.  I have terrible dark circles under my eyes, and have tried just about everything to cover them, so I am pretty hard to impress when it comes to concealer.  I've actually been using the white contouring shade with the darker concealer over it on my circles.  While it doesn't totally hide them, it brightens up the area.

Next, is a blush from Girlactik Beauty, a company I've never heard of outside of the sampling services I'm subscribed to. I received the shade, Star Blush Milan, which is kind of a dusty rose.  After two months of receiving hot pink blushes, I am very happy with this shade.  The mirrored compact is fairly small, and the actual blush pan is about as big around as a fifty cent piece.  Kind of tiny, but it doesn't take much product to get a nice color pay off.  It seems to be fairly long wearing, too.

Next up is a Starlooks eyeshadow.  I'd never heard of Starlooks, either, until I got into beauty subscriptions.  Starlooks actually has their own sampling service, but their products frequently turn up in Ipsy bags and Wantable boxes, and probably other boxes, as well.  My eyeshadow is in the shade Beach Nut, which seems to be a matte medium brown with a slight grayish cast.  I really like the color in the container, but when I tested it, I wasn't thrilled with how it looked on me.  I'll try it again later, though.  The color is very pigmented, so a little goes a long way.  I can't comment on the staying power, as I washed my makeup off soon after testing.  The eyeshadow is a reasonable size-about the size of a silver dollar.

Last, is nail polish by...ummmm...well, I can't tell you who it's by because I sort of can't find it. Yeah. I've got way too much stuff lying around.  It's not a brand that I'm familiar with, but that doesn't say much, because I've only just recently started branching out from OPI and Essie.  It's a dark royal blue color, which is totally not a shade I would pick out for myself.  39 year old teachers just don't typically gravitate toward royal blue nail polish, you know? But, I will try this out on my toes, as it is a pretty shade of blue-just not for my fingers.  When I find it, that is. (Edited to add: I found it! This is Baldwin Blues by Color Club.  Some people received this in their Birchbox this month.)

So, all in all, I'm fairly pleased with this month's Wantable box.  I've got a couple of products that I've added to my rotation, and a couple of others to experiment with!

Sound like fun? Check it out!

Disclaimer-All opinions are my own, and I paid for this product with my own money. By clicking on any of these Wantable links, and then signing up for Wantable, you would be helping me earn discounts toward future Wantable purchases.  I am not compensated otherwise for this post.


0 comments:

Post a Comment