Sunday, January 26, 2014

Birchbox January 2014

Birchbox hasn't been terribly exciting for me lately, and this month continues that trend.  In fact, I had to look back at the picture I took of my box to even remember what I received!  It wasn't a bad box, really, but I didn't receive any of the products that I was hoping to get from the spoilers I saw.  Birchbox has so many box variations every month, that it's hard to predict what you might get.  However, I'm realizing that if I don't get a product I really want one month, it most likely will turn up in a future box. I have this picture in my head of the Birchbox Box Packers reaching a hand into a giant vat of beauty products, snacks, and tea, and throwing handfuls into boxes.  It just seems so random, and doesn't really fit my "customized" Birchbox profile much.

Oh, well.  It's only ten dollars, and most of this stuff will get used or traded for better stuff, so it's all good! Here's my box:


Benefit Benetint-I would have been over the top thrilled with this sample a couple of months ago! I was so upset when Ipsy sent out Benetint, and I didn't get it.  I've wanted to try this product for the longest time, and finally I got a deluxe sized sample of it in a Benefit kit I got for Christmas.  Even though I wanted to try it so badly, I've really only used it a couple of times.  I've only used it on my lips, as I'm not brave enough to try it as a blush yet. It creates a nice berry red stain on my lips, that while buildable, isn't very dark.  I like the consistency of this product much better than theBalm's Stainiac, which I found to be oddly un-uniform-it's like there were random glops in it.  Anyhow, this Birchbox sample is really tiny, but I'm sure someone will love it.  I'll keep my deluxe sample from my kit, but I'm going to trade this new, unopened one.

Origins Smarty Pants CC SPF 20 Skin Complexion Corrector with a Stupidly Long, Self-Important Sounding Name-Ahem.  Seriously, I'm surprised that big, long name even fit on this teeny, tiny little tube! Anyhow, I can't really review this product, as I haven't used it yet.  I've got it put up in a box until spring or summer, when I find myself needing a lighter coverage foundation and a higher number sunscreen.  My winter midwestern skin can't use this right now.

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk-This actually came at a good time for me, as my sample can of Batsite just ran out.  I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I've heard good things about it.  I love getting products that I actually need!

Whish Three Whishes Body Butter-I have so many lotions and things right now that I haven't tried this one yet.  I put some on my hands to smell, and it has a familiar, light and fruity scent that I can't place.  Watermelon Jolly Ranchers, maybe?  I don't know.  It feels like a typical lotion on my hands, and not particularly thick and buttery, but it could be great stuff, I'll have to give it a real try before I decide if I like it or not.  Unfortunately, there's only enough in the tube for maybe 2 body applications.

Ahmad Teas-I received three tea bags in this box, which I'm not excited about at all.I knew my turn was coming for the tea though, as these have been in box variations for a couple of months now.  I'm not a big tea drinker, but I do like a cup of peppermint tea every now and then.  Thankfully, one of my bags was peppermint.  I tried it yesterday, and it's.....just tea.  No better or worse than any other.  But then again, I'm not a tea aficionado, so I probably wouldn't know the difference anyway. ;-)

For the month of February, Birchbox is teaming up with US Weekly to create a box with "red carpet essentials".  Here's a link to an article with some of the products that may be included in thsee special boxes.  It is my understanding that all subscribers will receive a US Weekly collaboration box instead of their regular box, and not all of the boxes will be the same. Hmm...sounds interesting!

If you are interested in subscribing to Birchbox, please click on this link, as you can help me earn Birchbox points.  Birchbox subscribers earn points every time we review products, buy products from Birchbox, or refer a new subscriber.  These points add up quickly to money off purchases from the Birchbox store! This is worth the subscription alone.

More box reviews and other stuff, coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment